the.gold & the.coal


Sometimes things don't go, after all,
from bad to worse.
Some years, muscadel faces down frost;
green thrives; the crops don't fail.
Sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.
A people sometimes will step back from war,
elect an honest man, decide they care enough,
that they can't leave some stranger poor.

Some men become what they were born for.
Sometimes our best intentions do not go amiss;
sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt
a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen;
may it happen for you.
-Sheenagh Pugh

There are good days. And there are uncertain days. I've had such tremendous support, so much so the bad days seem to have taken a step back in rejection.

I ought to be celebrating the good.days, but it's hard to ignore the worry of 'when will it end?'

How does an optimist reach this stage? How does she climb her way back up?


1 comments:

mythsn_legends said...

She will climb her way back up by believing in herself and allowing those close to her heart to help her along the way.... ;)
SLowly...but surely....

I love the poem....mind if I 'borrow' it for my blog???? keke
(I will make sure I use APA format for referencing...lol)

Post a Comment