Same Mould No More


I killed them all today.

The green and white, gray and brown hopefuls that crouched in drawers and perched on shelves. Even the innocent little pink flecks that peeked out of a few mushroom-y ones were destroyed.

What was I to do? I give them an inch, they grow five!

How was I to know they’d take on a life of their own? Was I really left with any other choice but to empty, scrub, spray, wash (repeat process)?But do I feel guilty? No.

Well, maybe just a little – for perhaps, just perhaps, I single handedly rinsed away what could have been a significant contribution to our ecosystem.

But ah, that guilt is overshadowed by the complete satisfaction of a spanking clean fridge, stocked with fresh soy milk cartons, fruit and vege. How proud I am. How satisfactory this feels. Every now and then, I peek in, to admire the glorious freshness of it all.

Ah, no mould no more.

(Until next month that is).

0 comments:

Post a Comment